We want to make your first visit as stress-free and comfortable as possible. Below are some helpful guidelines and what to expect on your first visit to MCI.
• Please arrive 15 to 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
• If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please contact the appointment line at (251) 665-8000 or 1-800-330-8538 as soon as possible.
What to Bring
• Current insurance information
• Driver's license or alternate photo ID
• Medication list. Please include all prescriptions and over-the-counter medications you are currently taking. If you are unable to make a list of the medications, bring the actual medicines with you to your appointment to show the doctor or nurse.
• X-ray images, CT, PET or MRI scans, pathology slides. You may also request that these be submitted by your referring physician prior to your visit.
In addition to the above items, you may also consider bringing the following to your first appointment:
Questions for Your Doctor
Consider writing down questions you may have and bringing them with you. This will help you remember what questions you want answered. You may want to bring a pen and notebook to record the doctor's responses.
A Friend or Family Member
We understand that your first appointment may be a little overwhelming. A friend or family member can support you by helping you ask questions, record responses to your questions and recall details of your visit as you make decisions regarding your care.
You may be here for a lengthy amount of time for your initial visit. Although snack machines are available, you may want to consider bringing along a snack.
A Light Jacket or Sweater
The waiting areas and exam rooms may be cool. For personal comfort, you may want to bring a jacket or sweater.