USA Health Mitchell Cancer Institute has launched a statewide campaign called “GO Teal and White” to raise awareness about how to prevent cervical cancer, which is killing more women in Alabama than in any other state in the nation. The campaign will run throughout January, Cervical Cancer Awareness Month.
About Pediatric Surgery Specialists
Surgical cases seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Special training in pediatric surgery is important. For children requiring surgery, our board-certified surgeons are among the most highly trained and experienced in the region. Our specialists perform a wide range of surgeries, from routine ear, nose and throat procedures to complex spinal and trauma surgeries. Utilizing the latest technologies, such as the da Vinci Si (pronounced "ess eye") surgical system, our pediatric surgery specialists are able to offer advanced and precise surgical care to our young patients.
Our pediatric surgeons treat children from newborn through late adolescence.
Pediatric surgeons diagnose, treat and manage the surgical needs of children, including:
- Surgical repair of birth defects
- Serious injuries including burns
- Tumors, both benign and cancerous
- Endoscopic procedures
- General surgeries such as hernia repair, appendectomies and gastric reflux treatment
- Thoracic surgeries including lung resections and repair of chest wall deformities
- Minimally invasive surgeries in the chest and abdomen
The hours of operation at Pediatric Surgery Specialists are Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.