The USA Health Mitchell Cancer Institute offers specialized treatment for prostate cancer, the most common type of non-skin cancer among men.
Call (251) 410-1010
About Prostate Cancer Treatment at USA Health
As part of the region’s only academic health system, we provide the latest in diagnosis and treatment as well as clinical trials specific to prostate cancer. We are here to develop and guide you through an individualized and comprehensive treatment plan.
Call us at (251) 410-1010.
I've been diagnosed with prostate cancer. What's next?
After you schedule an appointment, we will help you find
the best treatment for your diagnosis from hormone therapy and immunotherapy to radiation
I live in Baldwin County. Can I get treated here?
We're proud to be a part of both the Mobile and Baldwin county communities. Many appointments can be scheduled at the Mitchell Cancer Institute - Fairhope.
Can I get a second opinion at the Mitchell Cancer Institute?
Yes. Asking for a second opinion doesn’t mean you are abandoning your doctor. Being well-informed is an important part of your cancer journey.
USA Health Experts Discuss Advanced Treatment Options
USA Health urologist Christopher Keel, M.D., and radiation oncologist Adam Huddleston, M.D., are part of the multidisciplinary prostate cancer team at the Mitchell Cancer Institute. They sat down with FOX10's Lenise Ligon to talk about prostate cancer and what you can do to limit risk factors.
African American Men and Prostate Cancer
African American men are more likely than white men to be diagnosed with prostate cancer during their lifetime. But screening helps catch prostate cancer early, when it is more treatable.
Cancer Genetic Testing
USA Health has the only board-certified genetic counselor in the region who works with patients and families who may be diagnosed with or genetically predisposed toward certain cancers.
Clinical Trials in Prostate Cancer
Advances in cancer care come through clinical trials. Find out about our clinical trials program and treatment options that might be available to you.
Prostate Cancer Foundation Patient Guide
The Prostate Cancer Foundation created a guide for any man who has been newly diagnosed, who is in treatment, or who is concerned about a rising PSA. It's also a great resource for loved ones and caregivers.
Our Multidisciplinary Prostate Cancer Team
USA Health offers numerous specialists who can diagnose and treat prostate cancer. Learn more about our providers or request an appointment today.
- View ProfileDaniel G. Cameron, M.D.Medical Oncologist and HematologistAssociate Professor of Interdisciplinary Clinical OncologySpecialty: Cancer CareRequest an Appointment
- View ProfileWilliam Hixson, M.D.Radiation OncologistAssociate Professor of Interdisciplinary Clinical OncologySpecialty: Cancer CareRequest an Appointment
- View ProfileAdam J. Huddleston, M.D., D.A.B.R.Radiation OncologistAssistant Professor of Interdisciplinary Clinical OncologySpecialty: Cancer CareRequest an Appointment
- View ProfileChristopher Keel, D.O., F.A.C.S.UrologistInterim Chair of Urology; Program Director of the Urology Residency Program; Associate Professor of UrologySpecialty: UrologyRequest an Appointment
- View ProfileCassie Gurganus, MS, CGCCertified Genetic CounselorSpecialty: Cancer CareRequest an Appointment