USA Health offers a comprehensive range of gynecologic surgical procedures.Request an Appointment
Or Call (251) 415-1496
About Gynecologic Surgery
Gynecology surgery includes any surgical procedure that involves the organs and structure of the female pelvic region: the uterus, ovaries, cervix, fallopian tubes, vagina and vulva. There are many reasons why a woman might need to undergo gynecology surgery.
USA Health performs a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic gynecologic procedures, including:
Adhesiolysis is a surgical procedure that removes scar tissue from the reproductive system that may be interfering with fertility.
Hysteroscopy is a diagnostic procedure used to find problems with the uterus.
Colporrhaphy is a surgical procedure used to repair defects in the walls of the vagina.
A colposcopy is a diagnostic procedure that gives your doctor a closer look at your cervix, vagina and vulva in order to diagnose abnormalities revealed by a Pap smear.
Dilation and Curettage
Dilation and curettage, also known as D and C, is a procedure used to remove tissue from your uterus. It may also be used to treat excessive bleeding or to remove tissue after a miscarriage.
Endometrial ablation is a procedure used to treat heavy menstrual bleeding. During this procedure, a thin layer of the lining of the uterus is removed.
An endometrial biopsy is a procedure in which a small part of the lining of your uterus is removed so that your doctor can examine it and determine if there are any problems in your uterus.
Fluid-contrast ultrasound, or FCUS, is a technique used to evaluate the lining of the uterus and identify any structural problems in the uterus. This procedure is often used to find fibroid tumors and polyps in the uterus.
A hysterectomy is a surgical procedure used to remove the uterus. It is often used to treat uterine cancer, fibroid tumors and endometriosis.
vNOTES, which stands for vaginal natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery, is an innovative technique that inserts a device through the vagina to perform common procedures such as hysterectomies. The technique is used to replace laparoscopic surgery, an operation performed using small incisions through the abdomen or pelvis. Read more about the technique here.
This is a diagnostic procedure that uses X-ray technology to see the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes. It is commonly used to find blockages in the fallopian tubes that may be affecting fertility.
If an abnormality is found on the cervix during a pelvic exam or after a Pap smear, your doctor may want to perform a cervical biopsy. This is a surgical procedure during which a small amount of tissue is removed from the cervix for further testing and evaluation.
Pelviscopy, also known as gynecologic laparoscopy, is a minimally invasive procedure used to examine and diagnose conditions of the pelvic organs, including the uterus, cervix, vagina, fallopian tubes and ovaries.
Myomectomy is a surgical procedure used to remove fibroid tumors from the uterus. These tumors are noncancerous but can interfere with fertility.
Oophorectomy is a surgical procedure used to remove one or both of your ovaries. This procedure is often used to treat ovarian cancer and ovarian cysts.
A pelvic ultrasound is a diagnostic procedure that uses sound waves to examine the uterus, cervix, vagina, fallopian tubes and ovaries.
The MonaLisa Touch is a laser procedure used to treat vaginal dryness, burning, itching and other changes in vaginal health caused by menopause.
This procedure uses dye injected into the fallopian tubes to diagnose blockages and malformations of the fallopian tubes that may affect fertility.
Tubal ligation is sometimes referred to as "having your tubes tied." This procedure involves cutting, tying or blocking the fallopian tubes in order to prevent pregnancy.
Trachelectomy is a surgical procedure that involves removing the lower part of the cervix. This procedure is typically used to treat cervical cancer and helps patients preserve their ability to carry a child.
Uterine Fibroid Embolization
This procedure is used to treat uterine fibroid tumors by blocking the arteries supplying blood to the tumor, causing the tumor to shrink.
Vulvectomy is a surgical procedure that involves removing part or all of the vulva. This procedure is used to treat vulvar cancer.
USA Health offers the following experienced gynecologists to help with your needs.
- View ProfileFrankie Lavon Bodie, M.D.Obstetrician/GynecologistAssistant Professor of Obstetrics and GynecologySpecialty: Pregnancy & Childbirth, Women's CareRequest an Appointment
- View ProfileAmelia R. Hewes, M.D.Obstetrician/GynecologistAssistant Professor of Obstetrics and GynecologySpecialty: Pregnancy & Childbirth, Women's Care
- View ProfileNicolette P. Holliday, M.D., F.A.C.O.G.Obstetrician/GynecologistAssociate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology/Focused Practice Designation in Pediatric and Adolescent GynecologySpecialty: Pregnancy & Childbirth, Women's CareRequest an Appointment
- View ProfileTracy Y. Roth, M.D.Obstetrician/GynecologistResidency Program Director for Obstetrics and Gynecology; Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology; Focused Practice Designation in Pediatric and Adolescent GynecologySpecialty: Pregnancy & Childbirth, Women's CareRequest an Appointment
- View ProfileCraig D. Sherman, M.D.Obstetrician/GynecologistAssociate Professor of Obstetrics and GynecologySpecialty: Pregnancy & Childbirth, Women's CareRequest an Appointment
- View ProfileStephen Varner, M.D.Obstetrician/GynecologistDirector of General Obstetrics and Gynecology Division; Director of Vaginitis and Vulvar Disease Clinic; Associate Professor of Obstetrics and GynecologySpecialty: Pregnancy & Childbirth, Women's CareRequest an Appointment
- View ProfileCandice Holliday, J.D., M.D.Obstetrician/GynecologistAssistant Professor of Obstetrics and GynecologySpecialty: Pregnancy & Childbirth, Women's CareRequest an Appointment
Request an Appointment
USA Health makes requesting an appointment easier than ever. Click the button below to request an appointment online with a USA Health specialist.Request an Appointment
As the leading provider of innovative healthcare for Mobile and the Gulf Coast, USA Health offers our patients new, promising experimental therapies through ongoing clinical trials.Learn More
USA Health has a comprehensive biomedical research program that spans a wide range of clinical, basic and translational research. USA Health is committed to the highest standards of academic integrity in all areas of learning and research.Learn More