Therapy Services at USA Children's & Women's Hospital offers a team-oriented program of pediatric physical, occupational and speech-language therapies. Services are provided on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
We offer pediatric-specific care for infants and children with varied diagnoses. Services include assessment and treatment of:
- Developmental Delays
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Neuromuscular Problems—Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Traumatic Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, etc.
- Burns and Wounds
- Speech and Language Deficits
- Feeding Problems
- Sensory Problems
- Attention Problems
- Loss of Function Due to Chronic Illness
How to Refer
A physician's referral is required for therapy services. For more information about referring patients to us, please call (251) 415-1670. Our office hours are 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our program is recognized by most insurance carriers including private, HMO/EMO and government providers. USA Children's & Women's Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission, the nation's largest health care accreditation organization.
A Team Approach
Although each member of our staff has different educational backgrounds and experiences, they share a common interest in caring for pediatric patients. As part of the health care team at USA Children's & Women's Hospital, we are acutely aware of the special needs of pediatric patients. The hospital's philosophy of patient-centered, family focused care is an integral part of each care plan we initiate.
Areas of expertise include:
- Neurodevelopmental Treatment (NDT)
- Comprehensive Burn and Wound Care, including Scar Management
- UE/LE Splinting and Orthotics
- Feeding/Swallowing Disorders
- Modified Barium Swallow Study
- Serial Casting
- Burn Care
- Seating/Adaptive Equipment
- Neuromuscular Re-education with Electrical Stimulation
- Speech and Language Therapy
- SOS Feeding Program
- Spasticity Management
Director Karen Walker can be reached at email@example.com.
Therapy Services is located next door to USA Children's & Women's Hospital at the Center for Women's Health, 1610 Center Street. Our telephone number is (251) 415-1670.