The purpose of this study is to determine whether or not an exclusive human milk diet, as compared to diets including formula, will be of benefit to infants who were born with congenital gastrointestinal disorders (CGD). The trial is designed to compare the time to full enteral feeds and days on parenteral nutrition in neonates with CGD who receive an exclusive human milk diet (EHMD), compared with those receiving partial and non-human milk diets, while hospitalized in the neonatal intensive care unit. It will also compare peak conjugated bilirubin levels, episodes of sepsis, feeding tolerance, feeding interruptions, episodes of necrotizing enterocolitis, hospital length of stay, and death between CGD neonates who receive EHMD versus partial and formula feeding, while hospitalized in the NICU.
Interested in Clinical Trial?
Providers Associated With This Trial
- Fabien G. Eyal, M.D., Ph.DNeonatologistLouise Lenoir Locke Professor of Neonatology; Chief of the Division of Neonatology; Professor of Pediatrics
- Michael M. Zayek, M.D.NeonatologistProfessor of Pediatrics
- Ramachandra Bhat, M.D.NeonatologistAssociate Professor of Pediatrics
- Rashmi Gulati, M.D.NeonatologistAssistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Charles M. Harmon, M.D.NeonatologistAssistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Om P. Jha, M.D.NeonatologistAssistant Professor of Pediatrics