Vision, Mission, and Values
The Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of South Alabama, is committed to its Vision, Mission, and Values.
National and international leadership in innovative clinical service, education, research, advocacy, and humanitarianism in the context of the patient-surgeon relationship.
- Compassionate surgical care of the highest quality
- Resourceful interdisciplinary clinical services and scholarship
- Superior student, resident, and continuing surgical education
- Orginal basic science and clinical translational research in the scientific, humanistic, and artistic realms
- Collegiality among students, residents, staff, nurses, administrators, and faculty
- Pledge to creativity, collaboration, effective communication, and professionalism
- Logos – knowledge, skill, acumen, and advocacy
- Ethos -- ethical character and moral behavior
- Pathos -- compassion, sympathy, empathy, altruism, and humanitarianism