Getting screened is as easy as 1-2-3.
USA Employees 50+ Get FIT for a chance to win a $500 Best Buy Gift Card...
A Healthy Way to Win...
At USA Mitchell Cancer Institute, colorectal cancer is no laughing matter, and we are out to change perceptions - and save lives - starting with USA employees! If you are a USA employee or dependent aged 50 and over, complete a free take home colorectal cancer screening test (FIT) or colonoscopy by June 30, 2013, and you can be entered into a prize drawing to win a $500 Gift Card from Best Buy!
Step 1: Determine which colorectal cancer screening method is best for you.
- F.I.T. (take home stool test): A noninvasive annual screening test recommended for average risk persons. Complete the test at home. Return the test by mail in the pre-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Colonoscopy: A screening procedure conducted by a physician. Colonoscopy will be recommended as a follow-up test if the F.I.T. is positive.
If you answer yest to any of the following questions, the colonoscopy may be the best option for you. Please contact your physician or call 660-5555 to arrange a visit with USA Gastroenterology for further evaluation. All fees that are not covered under the employee health insurance will be the responsibility of the patient.
1) Have you ever been diagnosed with colorectal cancer or pre-cancerous polyps? ___Yes ___No
2) Has your mother, father, brother(s), sister(s) or child ever been diagnosed with colorectal cancer? ___Yes ___No
3) Have you ever been diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis or Crohn's Disease), FAP, or Lynch Syndrome/HNPCC? ___Yes ___No
4) Are you currently having any of the following symptoms?
___Unexplained, significant weight loss (10% or more of regular body weight)
___Consistently narrow stools (example: the size of a pencil)
___Blood mixed throughout the stool (more than slight bleeding seen on tissue or in the tiolet bowl)
Step 2: Pick up a take home FIT test from a designated distribution site or schedule a screening with your physician. If you elect to have a colonoscopy you may schedule an appointment with USA Gastroenterology at 660-5555.
- USA Family Medicine Clinic
- Mobile County Health Department Mobile Unit
(available at various USA worksites, see schedule)
Step 3: Return your completed screening kit in the pre-addressed, stamped envelope.
Enter to Win a $500 Best Buy Gift Card!
Submit the enclosed verification/drawing entry envelope by July 7, 2013 (screening must be completed or scheduled by June 30, 2013 to be eligible for prize drawing).
Why Screen Now?
- Colorectal Cancer is the second leading cancer killer in Alabama.
- Colorectal Cancer is very treatable when detected in its earlier stages.
- Because symptoms typically do not occur during the earlier stages, many people who do not receive regular screenings aren't diagnosed until the disease is in its later-most deadly stages.
Distribution Sites & Times
USA Family Medicine Clinic: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., M.-Fri.
USA Urgent Care Clinic: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., M.-Fri.
Mobile County Health Department Mobile Unit:
5/17 Children's & Women's Hospital - 9 a.m.-4 p.m. **
5/25 USA Medical Center - 11 a.m.-2 p.m. *
6/07 USA Medical Center - 8 a.m.-2 p.m. *
6/10 USA Medical Center - 9 a.m. -4 p.m.*
6/22 Children's & Women's Hospital - 11 a.m.-2 p.m.**
6/28 USA Bookstore-Main Campus - 9 a.m.-4 p.m.***
* USA Medical Center (front of Emergency Department)
**Children's & Women's (Employee Parking Lot)
*** USA Bookstore (Parking Lot)