Instructions to Submit a Poster Abstract
An abstract is a summary of the contents of a scientific poster and allows the USA Expo Selection Committee to choose the best posters to reflect the spectrum of resident and fellow scholarly activities across the USA Health System. Poster abstract submissions are expected to adhere to the following:
- The primary author is responsible for completing and submitting the submission form as an attachment via email to email@example.com. The faculty mentor(s) and residency/fellowship program director should be copied in the email.
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted, and incomplete submissions will be returned.
- Faculty mentor(s) are responsible for reviewing the submission form for accuracy and completeness as well as for ensuring the quality of the abstract and poster.
- No submissions will be accepted after the deadline.
- Realizing that projects may qualify for more than one of the three competition categories, the author(s) will need to select which category their project is to be considered.
- To be considered for the poster competition, an electronic final draft of the poster in PowerPoint format must be received by the GME Office by May 11, 2018, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At least one author must be present during the Expo to be considered for the poster competition.
Submission Deadline: Submissions must be received by April 20, 2018.
Acceptance Notice: Acceptance notice will be sent to the primary author by May 1, 2018.
Final Draft: A final draft of the poster in PowerPoint format must be received by the GME Office by May 11, 2018.
Poster Set-Up and Removal: The Conference Center in the Strada Patient Care Center will be available for poster setup from 10 AM – 2 PM on May 22, 2018. Posters will need to be removed by 6 PM on the date of the Expo.
Awards: Awards will be presented to the three categorical winners at 4 PM at the conclusion of the Expo.
Download the instructions to submit your project abstract here.
Download the USA Resident and Fellow Exposition Poster Competition Submission Form here.
University of South Alabama Health System
2451 USA Medical Center Drive, Mastin 212, Mobile, AL 36617
Graduate Medical Education
Phone 251.471.7206 • Fax 251.471.7875