We at the Mitchell Cancer Institute want to do everything to make your first visit as stress-free and easy as possible. The following pointers are designed to make your first visit go smoothly.
• Please arrive 15-30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
• Should you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please contact the appointment line at (251) 665-8000 or 1-800-330-8538 as soon as possible.
• Valet parking is available at the front door.
• Patient parking and handicapped parking areas are located to the east and south of the MCI building.
What to Bring:
• Insurance Information: Please bring your most recent insurance information.
• Driver's License or alternate photo ID
• Medication list: Include all prescriptions and over-the-counter medications you are currently taking. If you are unable to make a list of the medications, bring them with you to your appointment. You will take all medications back home with you after the appointment.
• X-ray images, CT, PET, and/or MRI, Pathology slides (may be submitted by referring physician prior to visit)
In addition to the above items, you may also consider bringing the following with you to your first appointment.
• Questions for your doctor: Consider writing your questions down and bringing them with you. This will help you remember what questions you want answered. You may want to bring a pen and notebook to record the doctor's responses.
• Friend or family member: We at the Mitchell Cancer Institute will do our best to support you during every phase of your treatment. However, we understand that your first appointment may be a little overwhelming. A personal friend or family member can support you by helping you ask questions, record responses to your questions and recall details of your visit as you make decisions regarding your care.
• Snack: You may be here for a lengthy amount of time for your initial visit. Although snack machines are available, you may want to consider bringing your favorite snack with you.
• Light jacket or sweater: The waiting areas and exam rooms may be cool. For your personal comfort you may want to bring a removable jacket or sweater.
© 2018 USA Health System