- Initial screening includes review of medical data, comprehensive history and physical, patient and physician conferences to discuss diagnosis and treatment.
- Further evaluation includes: right heart catheterization with vasoreactivity studies, six-minute walk, X-ray imaging and other tests as indicated.
- Prescribing and management of specialty medications: Endothelin Antagonists (Tracleer, Letairis), Inhaled Prostacyclin (Ventavis), Phosphodiesterase Inhibitors (Revatio, Adcirca), Infused Prostacyclins (Remodulin and Flolan).
- Pulmonary hypertension clinical research department with multiple clinical trials available.
- Referral for transplant as needed.
- Excellent communication and partnering with referring doctor.
For questions or referrals contact:
Pat Franklin, R.N.
Phone: (251) 471-7029
Fax: (251) 471-6830
For urgent consultations/referrals after regular clinic hours (8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., Mon. - Fri.), contact USA Medical Center (251) 471-7000 and ask for the Pulmonary Fellow on call.