USA Mitchell Cancer Institute
1660 Springhill Avenue
Mobile, Alabama 36604
- Gastrointestinal cancers, including:
• Small intestine
• Anal cancer
• Neuroendocrine tumors (Carcinoid)
- Lung cancer
• Neuroendocrine tumors (Carcinoid)
• Non-small cell lung cancer
• Small cell lung cancer
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Jordan; Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS)
- Hematology-Oncology Fellow, University of Miami Leonard Miller School of Medicine/Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Internal Medicine Chief Resident, Henry Ford Hospital/Wayne State University
- Internal Medicine Resident, Henry Ford Hospital
- Resident, transitional year, King Hussein Cancer Center
- Alabama State Medical License: MD. 34239 (5/27/2015 to 12/31/2016)
- Florida state medical license: TRN 17028 (4/9/2012 to 6/22/2016)
- Michigan state medical license: #4301092008 (6/23/2008 to 6/302012)
- Advanced cardiac life support (Valid through March 2018)
- Basic cardiac life support (Valid through March 2018)
- ABIM Diplomate in Internal Medicine; Board Certified through 2021
- ABIM Diplomate in Medical Oncology: Board Certified through 2025
- ABIM Diplomate in Hematology: Board Certified through 2025
- Standard ECFMG certificate (obtained in August 2007 and valid indefinitely)
- USMLE step 3: Passed with a score of 98 (230) in April 2009
- USMLE step 2 Clinical Knowledge: Passed with a score of 99 (257) in July 2007
- USMLE step 2 Clinical Skills: Passed in March 2006
- USMLE step 1: Passed with a score of 99 (243) in February 2007
- Assistant Professor, Interdisciplinary Clinical Oncology, USA Mitchell Cancer Institute
- Florida Society of Clinical Oncology “FLASCO” Fellow Liaisons
- Association of community cancer centers
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- European Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- American Association for Cancer research
- American College of Physicians
- Physicians Jordan Society
Other Professional Honors:
- Chief Hematology-Oncology Fellow; Hematology-Oncology fellowship program. The University of Miami Leonard Miller School of Medicine/Jackson Memorial Hospital. June 2014-June 2015
- 2014 FLASCO travel award to 2014 Annual ASCO meeting
- Chief Medical Resident; Internal medicine residency program Henry Ford Hospital/Wayne State University (Detroit, Michigan). June 2011-June 2012
- Junior Resident of the year; Internal medicine residency program Henry Ford Hospital (Detroit, Michigan). 2009-2010
- Intern of the month; Internal medicine residency program Henry Ford Hospital (Detroit, Michigan). June 2009
- Selected to represent the internal medicine residency program in Doctor’s Dilemma Competition in ACP Michigan chapter (Detroit, Michigan). May 2009
- Full Scholarship to study Medicine in the University of Jordan (Amman, Jordan). 2000-2006
- Rirst rank in my district in high school (Maan, Jordan). July 2000
1) Khushman M, Bhardwaj A, Patel GK, Laurini JA, Roveda K, Tan MC, Patton MC, Singh S, Taylor W, Singh AP. Exosomal Markers (CD63 and CD9) Expression Pattern Using Immunohistochemistry in Resected Malignant and Nonmalignant Pancreatic Specimens. Pancreas. 2017 Jul;46(6):782-8. PubMed PMID: 28609367.
2) Khan MA, Azim S, Zubair H, Bhardwaj A, Patel GK, Khushman M, Singh S, Singh AP. Molecular Drivers of Pancreatic Cancer Pathogenesis: Looking Inward to Move Forward. International journal of molecular sciences. 2017 Apr 06;18(4). PubMed PMID: 28383487. Pubmed Central PMCID: 5412363.
3) Khushman M, Morris MI, Diaz L, Goodman M, Pereira D, Fuller K, Garcia-Buitrago M, Moshiree B, Zelaya S, Nayer A, Benjamin CL, Komanduri KV. Syndrome of Inappropriate Anti-Diuretic Hormone Secretion Secondary to Strongyloides stercoralis Infection in an Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant Patient: A Case Report and Literature Review. Transplantation proceedings. 2017 Mar;49(2):373-7. PubMed PMID: 28219601.
4) Patel GK, Khan MA, Bhardwaj A, Srivastava SK, Zubair H, Patton MC, Singh S, Khushman M, Singh AP. Exosomes confer chemoresistance to pancreatic cancer cells by promoting ROS detoxification and miR-155-mediated suppression of key gemcitabine-metabolising enzyme, DCK. British journal of cancer. 2017 Feb 02. PubMed PMID: 28152544.
5) Averett C, Bhardwaj A, Arora S, Srivastava SK, Khan MA, Ahmad A, Singh S, Carter JE, Khushman M, Singh AP. Honokiol Suppresses Pancreatic Tumor Growth, Metastasis and Desmoplasia by Interfering with Tumor-Stromal Cross-Talk. Carcinogenesis. 2016 Sep 8. PubMed PMID: 27609457.
6) Azim S, Zubair H, Srivastava SK, Bhardwaj A, Zubair A, Ahmad A, Singh A, Khushman M, Singh AP. Deep sequencing and in silico analyses identify MYB-regulated gene networks and signaling pathways in pancreatic cancer. Scientific reports. 2016;6:28446. PubMed PMID: 27354262. Pubmed Central PMCID: 4926062.
7) Bhardwaj A, Srivastava SK, Singh S, Tyagi N, Arora S, Carter JE, Khushman M, Singh AP. MYB promotes desmoplasia in pancreatic cancer through direct transcriptional upregulation and cooperative action of sonic hedgehog and adrenomedullin. The Journal of biological chemistry. 2016 May 31. PubMed PMID: 27246849.
8) Patel GK, Patton MC, Singh S, Khushman M, Singh AP. Pancreatic Cancer Exosomes: Shedding Off for a Meaningful Journey. Pancreatic disorders & therapy. 2016;6(2):e148. PubMed PMID: 27030812.
9) Khushman M, Dempsey N, Cudris Maldonado J, Loaiza-Bonilla A, Velez M, Carcas L, et al. Full dose neoadjuvant FOLFIRINOX is associated with prolonged survival in patients with locally advanced pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Pancreatology : official journal of the International Association of Pancreatology. 2015 Sep 12. PubMed PMID: 26412296.
10) Joseph J. LaConti, Tae Kon Kim, Elizabeth Whittington, Nignyuan Ding, Vy Dinh, Moh’d Khushman, Saleem Umar, Stefan Gluck. Metastatic seminoma presenting as enlarging retroperitoneal mass in a patient with Neurofibromatosis I. J Clin Case Rep 4: 380. doi:10.4172/2165-7920.1000380. Not indexed in Pubmed.
11) Munoz J, Khushman M, Hanbali A, Stoltenberg M. Severe lactic acidosis in a patient with metastatic prostate cancer. J Cancer Res Ther. 2011;7(2):201-2. PMID: 21768714
© 2018 USA Health