The USA Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine provides comprehensive care for pregnant women who are at high risk for adverse outcomes for themselves or their fetus, or have medical conditions that may cause complications. Our care team is based on an interdisciplinary concept, utilizing the full resources of the USA Health System. The physicians within the USA Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine follow the guidelines established by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and Society of Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
Our goal is to rapidly diagnose problems, evaluate the best treatment options, and choose the best plan for both mother and infant, while maintaining close communication with the referring OB/GYN or family practice physician about progress.
The USA High Risk OB team is composed of specialized physicians, nurses, obstetrical sonographers and social workers - all dedicated professionals who are trained in the care of women with high risk pregnancies. The management of high risk pregnancies requires knowledge, skill and expertise. Our center is supported by the vast faculty experience in the USA Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the resources of the USA Children's and Women's Hospital.
- Neuchal translucency and first trimester screenings
- 3-D and 4-D Ultrasound available
- Amniocentesis-traditional and early
- Diabetes management - insulin pumps, oral hypoglycemics, other insulin injections
- Fetal testing and therapy (BPP, NST, Doppler studies, placental biopsy, amnioinfersion, umbilical cord, sampling, fetal transfusions)
- Middle cerebral artery studies for alloimmunization
- High risk consultation (Lupus, Cardiac, Pulmonary, Hypertension, and Other Medical Diseases)
- High order multiples (twins, triplets, quads)
- Inpatient High Risk OB care
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery
- Preconceptual or interconception counseling
- We function as consultants at USA Children's and Women's Hospital and other community hospitals.
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Certified Genetic Counselor
- Social Worker
- Research Nurse
- Outreach Perinatal Coordinator
- Certified Sonographers
For clinic hours and information click here.