Jennifer Scalici, M.D.
Gynecologic Oncologist, Physician Scientist
USA Mitchell Cancer Institute
1660 Springhill Avenue
Mobile, Alabama 36604
- Gynecologic oncology, with special interest in ovarian cancer metastasis and platinum resistance
- B.S., Chemistry, Springhill College, Mobile, Alabama
- M.D., University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center, Prentice Women’s Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
- Fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Staff Gynecologic Oncologist & Assistant Professor of Interdisciplinary Clinical Oncology, USA Mitchell Cancer Institute (2012-present)
- Scrub Nurse, Orthopedic, Vascular, OBGYN, Surgical Scrub Tech, Montclair Hospital, Birmingham, Alabama (1999-2001)
Honors and Academic Achievements:
- Chief Administrative Resident, Northwestern University, OB/GYN Residency (2008-2009)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society (2004-present)
- Benjamin and Roberta Russell Medical Scholarship (2003)
- UASOM Medical Scholarship (2002)
- Alpha Sigma Nu National Jesuit Honor Society (1999)
- Spring Hill College Honor’s Program (1995-1999)
- American Association of Cancer Research, Associate Member (2010-present)
- Society of Gynecologic Oncologists, Fellow in Training (2009-present)
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Jr. Fellow (2005-present)
Other Professional Honors / Services:
- Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc., GYN Oncology Conference with Laparoscopic Surgery Animate Lab, Cincinnati, Ohio (2010)
- Proctor: Pelvic Anatomy Dissection for 4th year Medical Students and Laparoscopic animate lab for University of Virginia Residents (2010)
- Basic Life Support: Certified (2009-2011)
- Oral Clinical Skills Exam (OSCE) proctor, Northwestern University, Department of OBGYN (2008-2009)
- Program Representative, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists District VI (2006-2009)
- Volunteer, Seton Sandwich Kitchen, St. Vincent DePaul, Chicago, Illinois (2005-2007)
- Co-Chair, Argus Society for Teaching Excellence, University of Alabama School of Medicine (2002-2003)
- Class Representative, University of Alabama School of Medicine (2001-2005)
- University of Virginia Cancer Center (NCI Designated Cancer Center)
Project Title: Prospective study of soluble VCAM-1 in Advanced Epithelial Ovarian Cancer.
Role: Primary Investigator
Prospective Trial Evaluating the use of soluble VCAM-1 as an ovarian cancer biomarker
1. George R, Scalici J, Spencer D, Stronach B et al. The incluence of Estradiol & Dihydrotestosteroneon Post Traumatic Inflammatory Cytokine Levels. Journal of Trauma, Injury, Infection and Critical Care. August 2004; Vol 57,2.
2. Henretta M, Scalici J, Engelhard C, Duska L. The revolving door: Hospital re-admissions of gynecologic oncology patients. Gynecologic Oncology. Sep; 122(3): 479-83. June 12, 2011.
1. Scalici J, Berry E, Schink J, Singh D, Buttin B, Lurain JL. Comparison of CA-125 Normalization Patterns in patients with Advanced Epithelial Ovarian Cancer treated with intravenous versus Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy. Western Association of Gynecologic Oncologists Annual Meeting. June 2009.
2. Scalici J, Harrer C, McLachlan K, Slack-Davis J. Contribution of VLA-4 to Ovarian Cancer Metatsasis and Platinum Resistance. 101st Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research. April, 2010.
3. Henretta M, Scalici J, Duska L, Atkins, Slack-Davis J. Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) expression in serous ovarian borderline tumors. 101st Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research. April, 2010.
4. Scalici J, Henretta M, Duska L, Atkins K, Slack-Davis J. Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) expression in epithelial ovarian cancer. 101st Meeting of the American Association for cancer Research. April, 2010.
5. Henretta M, Scalici J, Engelhard C, Duska L. The revolving door: Hospital re-admissions of gynecologic oncology patients. Society of Gynecologic Oncologists 41st Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer. March, 2010.
6. Scalici J, Atkins K, Duska L, Slack-Davis J. The Clinical Significance of VCAM-1 in the ovarian cancer microenvironment. Society of Gynecologic Oncologists 42nd Annual Meeting. March 2011. (Manuscript in Progress).
7. Scalici J, Harrer C, Atkins K, Jaraeri A, Duska L, Slack-Davis J. Thinking outside of the Tumor: Targeting the Ovarian Cancer Microenvironment. Society of Gynecologic Oncologists 42nd Annual Meeting. March 2011.