USA Mitchell Cancer Institute
1660 Springhill Avenue
Mobile, Alabama 36604
- Breast and gynecologic malignancies
- Intern, Department of Internal Medicine, Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, Dallas TX, July 2003-June 2004
- Research Assistant, Department of Radiation Oncology, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, July 2002-June 2003
- Doctor of Medicine, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 2002
- Staff Radiation Oncologist, Touro Infirmary, and Assistant Clinical Professor, LSU Health Science Center, New Orleans, LA, April 2012-April 2014
- Assistant Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, July 2008-June 2010
- Resident, Department of Radiation Oncology, Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, July 2004-June 2008.
Licensure and Certifications:
- American Board of Radiology Radiation Oncology, State of Louisiana, State of Texas, State of Missouri Training License
Honors and Awards:
- AACR/ASCO Methods in Clinical Cancer Research, 2009
- Gordon Research Conference, Travel Award, 2008
- Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society, St. Louis University, 2001
- Outstanding Biology Graduate, Avila University, 1996
- American Society for Radiation Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
Outlaw ED, Sandford R and DiBiase S. Evaluation of Overall Treatment Time and Local Control in Advanced Cervical Cancer Patients Treated with Definitive Chemo-radiation. Manuscript in process.
Haynes-Outlaw ED, Constantino JP, Feingold E, Wilson JW and Thomas, CR. Comparison of African-American and Caucasian Patients with Respect to Radiotherapy Delivery in National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Breast Cancer Treatment Trials. Manuscript in process.
Haynes-Outlaw ED and Grigsby PW. The role of PET/CT in cervical cancer: diagnosis staging (special emphasis on treatment planning) and follow up. PET Clin North Am. 2010; 5(4): 435-46.
Myerson RJ, Outlaw ED, Chang A., Birnbaum EH, Fleshman JW, Grigsby PW, Kodner IJ, Malayapa RS, Mutch MG, Parikh P, Picus J, Tan BR. Radiotherapy for Epidermoid Cancer of the Anus: Thirty Year Experience. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 75 (2); 428-35.
Oh JL, Bonnen M, Outlaw ED, Schechter NR, Perkins GH, Strom EA, Babiera G, Oswald MJ, Allen PK, Thames HD, Buchholz TA. The impact of young age on locoregional recurrence after doxorubicin-based chemotherapy in patients 40 years old and younger: How young is “young?” Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006; 65(5): 1345-52.
Chen AM, Meric-Bernstam F, Hunt KK, Thames HD, Outlaw ED, Strom EA, McNeese MD, Kuerer HM, Ross MI, Singletary EA, Ames FC, Feig BW, Sahin AA, Perkins GH, Babiera G, Hortabagyi FN, Buchholz TA. Breast conservation therapy after neoadjuvant chemotherapy: the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center experience. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22(12); 2303-12.
Woodward WA, Strom EA, McNeese MD, Schechter NR, Perkins GH, Outlaw ED, Hortabagyi FN, Buzdar AU, Buchholz TA. Cardiovascular death and non-breast malignancy after postmastectomy radiation and doxorubicin-based chemotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2003; 57(2) 327-35.
Outlaw ED, Grigsby PW, Malayapa RS, Botero AC, Fleshman JW, Kodner IJ, Birnbaum EH, Dietz DW, Lowney JK, Mutch MG, Picus J, Tan BR, Abbey E, and Myerson RJ. HIV Status Does Not Affect Outcome in Patients Treated with Primary Radiation for Epidermoid Carcinoma of the Anal Canal. National Medical Association Scientific Assembly, 105th Annual Meeting, August 2007, Honolulu, HI.
Outlaw ED, Mansur DM, Rich K, Chicione M. Dacey R, Dowling J, Malyapa RS, Zoberi I, Simpson JR. Outcomes of anaplastic astrocytoma and glioblastoma multiforme patients treated with Gamma Knife: The Washington University experience. National Medical Association Scientific Assembly, 104th Annual Meeting, August 2006, Dallas, TX.
Bonnen MB, Outlaw ED, McNeese MD, Thames HD, Strom EA, Perkins GH, Schetcher NR, Romain ZD, Hortabagyi NR, Hunt KK, Theriault RL, Buchholz TA. Factors associated with breast cancer recurrence in young females treated with breast conservation therapy: How young is young. American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology, 45th Annual Meeting, October 2003, Salt Lake City, UT.
Outlaw ED, Grigsby PW, Malayapa RS, Botery AC, Fleshman JW, Kodner IJ, Birnbaum EH, Dietz DW, Lowney JK, Mutch MG, Picus J, Tan BR, Abbey E, and Myerson RJ. Anal canal epidermoid carcinoma treatment: Thirty year experience. American Society of Therapeutic Radiation and Oncology, 48th Annual Meeting, November 2006, Philadelphia, PA.
© 2018 USA Health