An 9-year-old male presents with a history of "injury".
- What is the probable mechanism of injury?
- Normal exam; no injury identified.
- Anterior force on a flexed elbow.
- Fall on an outstretched hand.
- Traction applied to an extended arm.
- What is the most commonly associated fracture associated with this injury?
- Normal exam: no associated injuries.
- Avulsion fracture of the medial epicondyle.
- Mid shaft fracture of the radius (not shown on this exam).
- Radial nerve injury
For access to the USA Radiology Teaching Case Library and the USA Radiology eClassroom, visit our eCampus at USAonline.
USA faculty, residents, and students can obtain access by contacting Dr. McQuiston.