The Admitting Department at USA Children's & Women's Hospital welcomes you as a patient. We are pleased you have chosen to receive your medical care from us. We are committed to making your hospital visit as comfortable and convenient as possible. Our Admitting Department has six points of entry, depending on your needs, which are located in the following areas:
- All Admitting locations are inside the main hospital with the exception of Therapy Services. Those services are located in the Center for Child Development building at 1610 Center St., at the corner of Center and Cox streets, just southeast of the hospital.
The telephone number is 415-1670.
- All Emergency Services are registered in the Evaluation Center, located at the east side entrance of the hospital and clearly indicated with signage. The Evaluation Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The telephone number is 415-1620.
- The Imaging Center, where all radiological services are performed - including X-rays, mammograms, MRI and CT scans - is located at the same east side entrance and the automated doors are marked "IMAGING CENTER." Upon entering, please sign in and the Registration staff are available at the front desk for your convenience.
The telephone number is 415-8649.
- All OB patients who are not scheduled or sent from your physician's office will report first to the Evaluation Center located at the east side entrance unless specifically told by your physician to report to another location. The Evaluation Center staff will direct patients to Labor and Delivery triage as appropriate.
- Outpatient Surgery and Day of Surgery patients should report to the main Admitting department between 5 a.m.-7:30 a.m. on the day of surgery. After 7:30 a.m., patients should report to Pre-Admit Registration, located straight through the main lobby in the Surgery department. We have this area staffed for your convenience and this is where you should go for all Pre-Admit testing between the hours of 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
The telephone number is 415-1629.
- Lastly, the main Admitting Department is located just to the right of the Lobby upon entering the hospital. All inpatients and other outpatients should report to this area.
The telephone number is 415-1617 and the fax number is 415-1002.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL REGISTRATIONS:
Upon arrival for registration, you will be asked to verify all demographic and insurance information. You will be required provide the following information:
- Health insurance cards and information including address, telephone number and policy number
- Photographic identification card
- A valid prescription or physician order for all tests
- Referral or authorization numbers, if required by your insurance
- A note giving "permission to treat" from a parent or legal guardian if the minor will be unaccompanied by the responsible party.
Upon admission to USA Children's & Women's Hospital, each patient is given a brochure regarding medical advance directives. If you would like this information before you arrive, please contact the Admitting office during regular business hours.
Patients are responsible for all financial liabilities including co-payments, deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses at the time of registration or at the time of discharge for emergency admissions. If the exact dollar amount has not been determined, you will be asked to pay the estimated amount and will be billed for the remainder.
Pre-registration is available to all scheduled patients prior to the date of service to expedite the check-in process. During the pre-registration process, all registration information is obtained over the telephone. When you arrive, you will be required to provide your insurance cards and sign the required forms before going to the department. Patients can pre-register for services by calling (251) 415-1629.
Should you need any personal assistance or wish to contact management, please call or e-mail:
Cathy Faison, Manager, Admitting
Jeri Nelson, Supervisor, Admitting