|Print This Page Email to a Friend|
MOBILE, Alabama -- We can think of many, many reasons to come to the GO Run on Saturday, September 17, at the Moulton Tower on the University of South Alabama main campus. The 5K starts at 8 a.m. and a 1-Mile Fun Run at 9 a.m. Here are our top five:
1. The proceeds stay here. One hundred percent of the proceeds raised at the GO Run go to GYN cancer research at USA Mitchell Cancer Institute in Mobile. The funds support cutting-edge research to better understand and fight GYN cancers.
2. You can get a free skin screening. Look for the skin screening tent near the Mitchell Center and Moulton Tower. Sign up for a quick inspection by an experienced health-care team.
3. The GO Run is a family-friendly event. The kids will love the inflatables, snacks and selfies in front of the jaguar statue. You’ll get to support a great cause.
4. Be an advocate for oncology’s “middle child.” GYN cancers don’t get the attention that some other cancers do. You can help spread the love by participating in events like the GO Run – and inviting friends and family to join you.
5. You don’t even have to run. You can walk the 5K, the 1-Mile Fun Run, or sign up as a “Runner in Spirit” for $20 and still support GYN oncology.
The event is sponsored by the Catranis Family Charitable Foundation, with proceeds benefiting GYN cancer research. Preregistration is $25 for adults and $10 for children ($30 and $15 on race day). For more information or to sign up, call 251-460-6209 or visit www.usamci.com/gorun.
© 2018 USA Health