Physician Referral Lines
"The quickest ways to access USA Health."
To refer a patient to a USA Hospital, please call 1-800-388-8721.
The Physician Referral Line provides:
- Single-Point Access
- Patient Referrals
- Timely Feedback
Answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To refer a patient to a USA Physicians Group outpatient clinic, please call 251-509-9159.
A USA Physicians Group Registered Nurse will help you identify and coordinate an appointment with the USA specialist that meets the needs of you and your patients. Our RN Patient Navigator Line is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The RN Patient Navigator will need the following information:
- Patient name
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Type of insurance
- Nature of medical issue
- Services you would like USA Physicians Group to provide
- Your referring physician National Provider Identifier (NPI) number
USA Health University Hospital
Emergency Department/Trauma Center
- Arnold Luterman Regional Burn Center: (251) 471-7520
- Medical Surgical Care Unit (MSCU): (251) 471-7685
- Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit (STICU): (251) 471-7735
Patient Access (formerly Admitting)
USA Children's & Women's Hospital
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- NICU transport team: (251) 415-1270
- NICU admissions: (251) 415-1270
- Neonatology Division Secretary, Karen Mandrella: (251) 415-1055
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- PICU Critical Care transport team: (866) USA-PICU, (866) 872-7428
- PICU admissions: (251) 415-1546
USA Children's & Women's Evaluation Center (Emergency Services)
- EC direct line: (251) 415-1144, press "0" to bypass the greeting
- Outreach nurse, Kim Evans: (251) 415-1139
- Fax: (251) 415-1027
USA Children's & Women's Hospital Direct Admissions
- Direct admissions: (251) 300-9767, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
If no answer, call the hospital front desk at (251) 415-1000. Ask for the Pediatric Hospitalist Attending on call from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. Ask for the senior pediatric resident on call if there is no response.
General Pediatrics at the Strada Patient Care Center
- Appointments: (251) 410-5437
- After hours calls: (251) 410-5437
Please click here for additional referral options for USA Children's & Women's Hospital.