The USA Division of Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics operates an Autism Diagnostic Clinic on the campus of USA Women's and Children's Hospital at the Pediatric Developmental Medicine Center.
The mission of this clinic is to improve the lives of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders in the greater Gulf Coast area through early identification and diagnosis, as well as to provide educational outreach to families, physicians, daycare centers, churches and other organizations who serve children in the community.
Autism Spectrum Disorders include Autistic Disorder, Asperger's Syndrome, and Pervasive Developmental Disorder-Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS). The USA Autism Diagnostic Clinic evaluates patients up to 5 years, 6 months of age.
- Medical Assessments -- By Developmental-Behavioral Pediatricians to evaluate health-related conditions
- Cognitive Evaluation -- To determine current developmental level of functioning
- Speech/Language Evaluation -- To assess communication level
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) -- To observe social skills and communication abilities during a play session
- Genetics Evaluation -- To obtain a detailed family history and pertinent genetic laboratory tests
- Occupational Therapy Evaluation -- To evaluate motor skills, sensory processing abilities, and self care skills
- Assistance with Community Resources -- Upon completion of the evaluation, the staff will assist the family in obtaining appropriate community services
- Consultation -- By affiliated specialists with expertise in autism-related conditions
To make an appointment:
The USA Autism Diagnostic Clinic sees patients with referral from a physician or other medical/educational professional.
Our referral form must be submitted by referring professional before the child can be scheduled for a clinic visit. Please complete and FAX the form to our office.
We regret that we are no longer able to accept Mississippi Medicaid.
Contact us by phone: (251) 415-8577, by FAX: (251) 415-8578
Autism Diagnostic Clinic
Pediatric Developmental Medicine Center (PDMC)
1707 Center St., Suite 201
Mobile, AL 36604
Click here for directions