Visiting Hours at University Hospital
General Visiting Regulations and Hours
- For Medical/Surgical floors, visitation is allowed from 7:00 a.m until 9:30 p.m.
- After 9:30 p.m., one visitor is allowed in a patient’s room. The visitor is required to register with Security in the Main Lobby where a visitor name tag and pass will be issued.
- No children under 12 years old are allowed in rooms or waiting rooms between 9:30 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- No children may be left unattended in the hospital at any time.
- Emergencies, including hurricanes, may require changes in the visitation schedule.
Intensive Care Unit Visitation
Intensive and critical care units observe limited visiting periods due to the level of care needed. These hours are posted in the units, waiting rooms and below. During visitation, two members of the immediate family are allowed to visit at one time.
Occasionally, an emergency or procedure in the unit may delay the start of visitation. Should this occur, every effort will be made to allow visitation as soon as possible. Any visit into the units must first be cleared with the nurse to serve the best interests of all patients. No children under the age of 12 are allowed in the units.
- Please limit personal items to a minimum to decrease the risk of infection.
- Live plants or flowers are not permitted.
- Please remember to wash your hands both before and after your visit and to observe any other precautions such as wearing a gown, gloves, or mask if required.
Medical Intensive Care Unit Visitation
- Open visitations hours, except from 6 - 8 a.m. and 6 - 8 p.m.
Burn Intensive Care Unit Visitation
- 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- 8:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- 10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. (on weekends)
Surgical Trama Intensive Care Unit
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- 8:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Post Anesthesia Care Unit Visitation
- Pre-operative (preparation for surgery): Two visitors are allowed at one time.
- Post-operative (recovery from anesthesia): Visitors are not allowed until the patient recovers from anesthesia. Children under the age of 12 may have a parent/guardian present at bedside during recovery.