Purpose: At USA Children’s & Women’s Hospital, we are committed to meeting the health care needs of our pediatric patients, which may include their physical, developmental, emotional and psychological needs. Each day, we strive to achieve the expectations listed below in an effort to help lessen the anxiety and fear in these children during their hospital stay.
While I am in the hospital, I can expect:
1. My caregivers to tell me their names.
2. People to knock on my door before entering my room.
3. People to understand that it’s OK for me to cry when I am afraid or hurt.
4. People to give me a hug when I need one.
5. People to let me make choices when it is OK for me to do that.
6. My room to be a safe and peaceful place.
7. People to laugh with me each day.
8. My parents to be allowed to help take care of me.
9. Safe and quiet times during each day.
10. My family and friends to visit when it is OK.
11. People to explain to me what’s going on and why.
12. Time to play each day.
13. Time to learn and study with the school teachers each school day.
14. The freedom to ask questions without judgment.
15. My favorite toy or item from home to be with me and to go with me to different places in the hospital.
16. People to allow me to participate in holiday festivities while in the hospital.
17. Voice a complaint. At USA Children's and Women's Hospital, call the Patient Representative at 251-415-1123. The Alabama Department of Public Health at 1-800-356-9596 may be contacted at:
Division of Health Care Facilities
201 Monroe Street, Suite 600
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
The Joint Commission may be contacted at 1-800-994-6610 or email@example.com.
© 2017 USA Health System