Hospital Stay Preparation
If your physician has determined that an overnight stay, or longer, is required for your visit with us, there are some items that you should bring with you.
- A list of your current medications: This should include name, strength of your medication, and the times when you take your medication. Please include any over the counter medications and any vitamins or natural supplements.
- Important telephone numbers: family and friends that you may need to reach during your stay.
- Insurance card and personal identification
- Pen and paper: Write down questions for your physician or nurse. You may forget later!
- Robe, slippers, underwear, socks
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant
- Dentures and denture case, if needed
- Glasses or contacts, with cases, if needed
- Reading material
Please do not bring valuables with you, such as large sums of money or jewelry. Also, please do not bring electric shavers or hair dryers. If you need help with shaving or other personal needs, your nurse or patient care assistant will help you.