USA Children’s & Women’s Hospital is among fewer than ten freestanding hospitals nationwide providing care specifically to children and women. Some of our children’s inpatient services include:
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, with the area’s most sophisticated treatment for critically ill and injured children, Mobile’s only board-certified pediatric critical care physicians and our unique pediatric transport service.
- The award-winning USS Hope pediatric cancer and sickle cell treatment center, which uses “distraction therapy” to give young patients the feeling of traveling in a submarine during their visit.
- Our Child Life therapy program, including the Class Act school for school-age patients, the Treehouse playroom and Pet Therapy visits!
- The Children’s Evaluation Center, which sees more than 30,000 patients annually and is specially equipped and staffed to meet the unique needs of children.
- Our Therapy Services department, providing comprehensive treatment for children, from weight management to rehabilitation.
- We feature bright, lively colors with children’s artwork and room for fun!
At USA Children’s & Women’s Hospital, we know that children have health care needs unlike anyone else. That’s why we offer children’s care that is unique in our community.